8.02.2014

Family Hikes

So about 3 weeks ago we went on a little hike/walk as a family along the Nooksack River up towards Mt. Baker. It was BEAUTIFUL. We only hiked about 2 miles but it was still so fun. There's a little campground out there too so we're thinking maybe next summer we could try a camping trip as a family there :) I love the outdoors and so does Andy!
Ramsey and I had matching braids :)
Andy carried Rams and I carried Addie on this hike
Ramsey wanted to walk part of the way too...she is so cute!
Such a determined little face
Family picture time!
I love us :)
While I fed Adelaide, Andy and Ramsey went exploring a bit. Rams was very excited because Andy caught a butterfly in his hands!
My view while nursing. Seriously gorgeous.
Cuddles :)
She had a blast throwing rocks!
And was very surprised when some water splashed her haha
I love love love this sweet little baby girl. She is so easy going and sweet and beautiful. I am one lucky Momma.
And this girl is still pretty precious too. I love those chubby cheeks!
The next hike we did as a family was last Saturday. It was seriously so nice to get out as a family and just get away from it all! Andy and I have both been going a little stir crazy lately...we've been house hunting for about 5 months now and I think we're finally close to getting one that we really like. We'll see though! Anyways, it was nice to have a break from everyday life and get up to the mountains as a family. We went on this awesome 4-5 mile hike called Damfino Lakes. We could've hiked up further to the High Divide, but it looked a little too sketchy/snowy with two babies. Oh, pretty much everyone we passed on the trail commented about how we were doing awesome starting our kids young with hiking. Haha it was funny. And it made me happy. I really do want to instill the love of hiking and being outdoors in our kids. It's so rejuvenating!
All ready for hiking!
That's right...I carried the big baby that time! And it was pretty steep too...I was very proud of myself :)
So pretty
TADA! Haha she's so adorable.
I love my man :)
Exploring girl
That's me and Rams way off in the distance...Andy and Addie went ahead of us because Rams wanted to walk for a bit.
Andy brought this big old piece of plastic to lay down for me and Adelaide. He is such a smart guy.
Hahaha that face!
Ramsey loves trail mix! Okay fine, I'll be honest, she only wanted the M&M's... :) Andy kept trying to sneak cashews into her mouth...she was not going for it haha
Little buddies :)
Yay for another good outdoor family picture! I love the self-timer on my camera haha
Ramsey heard an airplane so they were looking for it.
So chunky!

I love having adventures with my sweet little family. I was happy too about last Saturday because Andy had been planning to go hiking by himself and then Friday night I asked if me and the girls could tag along. He totally said yes and went with the flow and we all had a great time. And I sent him hiking by himself this morning. He went up to the Coleman Pinnacle and got some gorgeous shots. Here they are:


2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos. I love how adventurous you guys are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed you went hiking with the babies! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete