4.29.2010

Fun Times :)

This is the reason Andy and I went beach combing on our vacation. I've been collecting different sized jars and been wanting to fill them with rocks. I like decorating with natural-looking things with a touch of modern as well. Also, Andy bought me this beautiful orchid back in February and it's still alive! I love it :)

You can't see them that well, but I bought these cute seashell shower hooks the other day. We had those boring plastic ones for so long...I wanted a change!

A couple of days ago I get home from work and walk right into our tent! Andy had it set up in our living room...we've both really been wanting to go camping lately so he decided to set it up to air it out. We ended up watching the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in the tent later that night :) It was a lot of fun! I can't wait til it stops raining so we can go real camping.

Last night, I ran over to JoAnn's and bought this awesome fabric to make a runner thing for the top of our bookcase. We'd been using our light blue tablecloth and just letting it fall down the back. I wanted something different so I went out and bought the fabric, came home and whipped it up real quick on my sewing machine :) Guess I had a bee in my bonnet!

And here is the finished product with all the decor items on it. I really like it...it brightens up the room a bit. (don't mind the crooked picture) I love doing little projects! It makes me feel happy and feel like I've accomplished something. Plus I get to admire it everyday :)

2 comments:

  1. You are such a creative cutie! PS, we're for sure coming this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That fabric is so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete