4.21.2010

Coast Trip!


On the way down to my parents place in Brookings, Andy and I stayed in a cute beachfront hotel in Lincoln City, OR. The night we drove in, Andy say this guy and said "Ooooh, a viking!" in a super excited voice. Haha so the next day I made sure to get a picture with the two of them.












We drove along the coastline the rest of the way down. My dad is always telling me how that is the most gorgeous stretch of coast to drive by in the world, so I figured I'd mention how amazingly beautiful it is haha. Andy and I stopped in Port Orford (weird, right? Sounds so close to the wonderful town of Port Orchard) to go beach combing.




I love the beach!




















Jared on the day of his baptism :) I'm so happy we were able to make it to see him take that big step in his life.





















The whole gang :)













Jared is such a sweet and loving kid. We all love him! He definitely knows how to make people laugh.






I love this picture, because he actually has a genuine smile on his face. He's gotten pretty good at this very cheesey (yet still adorable) smile that he does in almost every picture.













I thought this flower thing looked really cool. We spotted them outside the church building.













Here I am keeping score for Ben and Jared's intense game of two square :)









After a fun filled weekend (which of course included surfing) Andy and I headed home. We took the other way so that I could show Andy this really cool place just outside of Cave Junction, OR. It's called 'It's a Burl' and I remember loving it when I went there as a little girl. It's really neat; everything is made from random pieces of wood and it's all very intricate and amazing.




This is the main tree house they have outside. As kids we used to love climbing up there!

















There's also an indoor gallery where most of the finished product goes. It's amazing what you can make out of scrap pieces of wood.
















All in all, it was a wonderful trip!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like way fun! So, I thought without having more Horchies super close, you might wither up and die? Guess I overestimated myself! :) Kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Haha I hope we can see you guys soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys! Love the chipmunk bonding moment! We're going APE over all of your photos. Tee Hee

    ReplyDelete