5.27.2010

Birthday Time!

I made myself birthday muffins this year :)



Opening presents....



Trying on the cute sweater Andy got me :) I got a lot of great stuff. An awesome camera which I used for the upcoming pictures, scrap booking materials, stuff for decorating the apartment, clothes, gift cards and more :)



We took a couple days off work and decided to go backpacking/camping. So we headed over a little farther east in Oregon to get away from the rain. The only problem: RATTLESNAKES. Eeww. Seriously, about 15 minutes into our hike on this beautiful, sunny day, I hear rattling. So I look down to my left and see a COILED-UP RATTLESNAKE! I was so freaked out. Luckily, I ran away fast enough and we just let it pass across the trail. So we were debating if we wanted to continue on this hike and Andy (who is deathly afraid of all snakes) says, "What are the chances of us seeing more than one?" ...We ended up seeing a couple more and we were totally on edge, so we decided that wasn't the place for us. We were both very grateful that I didn't get bitten!



So we headed back over to the rainy side where we are safe from rattlesnakes. It was raining pretty hard and didn't seem like good camping weather, so we just stopped at Multonomah Falls and took a few pictures. It is so pretty there, I love it :)



I used my macro setting on my new camera (which I love!) to get this picture of the pretty flowers :)



I like this shot :)



And here we are doing what we're best at: being DORKS :)


I am so lucky to have such amazing family and friends. I really noticed how much I'm loved yesterday when I was on the phone almost the entire day, talking to people I care about and miss dearly. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday special!

2 comments:

  1. I love your camping story :) Also, the new camera is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, it was so scary! And yeah, I love the camera. It's very compact :)

    ReplyDelete