2.17.2011

I am FINALLY getting around to putting pictures up from our hike almost 2 weeks ago! Sometimes I love having a super busy schedule and other times I would rather sit at home all day and do nothing...which is kinda what I did last week! Andy and I were finding it hard to be motivated to go to class last week because of a paper we had to write about how advertisements affect us. Personally, I could care less. Anyways, we skipped class two days in a row and the next day I was sick! Stupid head colds. So last week was not one of my finer weeks production-wise. I am, however, rested, rejuvinated and I was able to get all my school work plus some house work (finally!) done this week. It feels so much better to be productive. Enough blabbing...onto the pictures!
We woke up super early that Saturday morning (okay, early for us is like 6:30) got our lunch packed and headed down to Oregon. I slept for the entire hour car ride to the Eagle Creek Trail, near Hood River, OR. Andy was all ready to go and I was still half asleep, but the apple I had did the trick!
 
This looked like a cool mushroom or something. I love how GREEN all of these pictures are :)

Yeah, we're kinda awesome.

Punch Bowl Falls! I would say I want to go back here in the summer to swim, but this trail is super crowded. We saw at least 15 different groups of people, and we were there on a rainy day.

Andy never wants me to take pictures like this. Every time I do he says "There's not even going to be anything interesting in the background." and gets his little angry for the camera face on :) I like him a lot. 

Punch Bowl Falls from the top. 


Seriously, I love the Northwest :)

Look how tiny I am!

Even the dead trees look pretty to me in this shot. 

Tough little hikin' girl

Okay, this was seriously so much more amazing than the pictures are showing you. It's called Tunnel Falls and you get to walk through a tunnel under/behind the waterfall. 

Into the dark abyss...

View from the other side. Honestly, these pictures don't do it justice. It was so cool. 130 feet tall and we got to walk behind it. It was pretty wet and loud in the tunnel.  

On the hike down, we ate our yummy ham sandwiches we had packed. Andy's kinda cute :)

So I've been thinking lately about school and work and what I want to do with my life...and I've decided since I love my job (working with kids at KinderCare) I am going to take next term off from school and work full time for awhile. I know, I know...what about my education? My work offers a Child Development program through an accredited online university that they pay entirely for=problem solved. It's only 12 credits of CD but it's all online so I can work and make some money for us while we are in desperate need of it. After that, I can finish up my Early Childhood Ed associates and then decide if I feel the need to get a Bachelor's or not. 
Things will work out how they're supposed to...this is a tricky time of life though because there's so many life-changing decisions to be made. Slowly but surely, Andy and I are figuring things out together :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to go there!

    Also, you and Andy are adorable... you'll figure things out! And everything will happen the way it is supposed to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Courtney! Yeah, life feels crazy sometimes but it's nice to have the knowledge that things will eventually work out how they should :)

    ReplyDelete