11.15.2011

HAWAII TRIP!!!

We did it! I promised myself within the first 5 years of marriage, we would take a big trip to Hawaii or somewhere. I know how to make dreams come true :)


While we were there, we got to see my Uncle Sol, Aunt Kelly, my 3 adorable little cousins and my Aunt Grace! It was so great to see them and be reunited with Grace after almost a decade!

Adorable, if I do say so myself :)

Andy and I paddling out together...thanks for the awesome picture Katie!

Can I get a woot, woot!

Love him :)
Yay for sisters! This was the day that Katie saved my life! We had been surfing somewhere else earlier in the day and the waves were a lot more powerful than I thought they would be. Long story short, I was caught underwater for about 5 seconds longer than I wanted and the leash on my board broke. I was terrified and bawling and Katie rescued me and took me back to shore. It was a horrible experience, but good sister bonding time :) Thanks Kate! (Andy would've saved me, but he had to run back to our cabin to get his rash guard, so he wasn't there)

One morning we watched the sunrise...quite gorgeous if you ask me.

Yes, Mom and Dad, we ate at your favorite shrimp shack :)

Chinaman's Hat!


Andy LOVES Pounders! As the name suggests, it's a place to go body surf and the waves get so big and powerful they pound you into the sandy. And the water's super sandy...not my fave. It was intense for body surfing and my daddy used to actually SURF there! Crazy man :) anyways, Andy had so much fun diving through the waves...

...and popping straight up out of them!

He also caught a few waves too :)

So pretty...

The Polynesian Cultural Center is an awesome place to visit on Oahu...I highly recommend going there. Andy liked looking at the canoes, what a nerd.

Happy us :) Oh yeah, and I got a warrior tattoo (fake, obviously) on my right arm.

The canoe pageant at the PCC was pretty cool...the guy on the far left was super intense!

These guys were playing conch shells...no big deal haha

I love this picture of us!


So once we were upgraded to a cabin (instead of the yurt that was supposed to have electricity but it was broken and they said they fixed it but they didn't...long story there, but we got a free upgrade!) we had a friend who lived in our bathroom. Andy was a lil scaredy, so I named him Stan to help Andy feel more comfortable around him.

We were planning on going to the temple one of the mornings (since we woke up around 6 or 7 because of the time change) but those plans were ruined by the fact that we left our recommends at home! Such a bummer. We still enjoyed walking around the grounds one morning before getting breakfast at Hukilau Cafe.

Just hangin out at Turtle Bay, watching the surf :)

Thank you Hawaii, for an awesome vacation! We will be visiting again someday :)

9 comments:

  1. Of course I am so incredibly jealous, but so glad you guys got to go! It looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had tons of fun!!! I'm glad you got to go :) Now we need to plan a you, andy, me and troy trip! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you guys too Amber! Emree will be so grown up compared to the last time I saw her :)
    Yes, Joce, we totally need to plan that! Sometime in 2014, right? We have to save up some money again lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so excited to go for the honeymoon!!! I seriously can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you went! It reminds me of me & Kev's honeymoon... we did all the same things :) But it is SO worth it. And I had to remind Kevin for years to never talk about what else we "could have" done with the money :) Now that we have kids, he knows it was worth it! Once they come, vacations are hard to come by!

    I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Andy-boy looks so happy! Holly looks beautiful. Stan looks wimpy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Mal, be excited! Haha have you guys decided which island you're going to yet?
    Thanks Courtney! You telling me about how you and Kevin went when you were young and had no money is actually what made me decide to buy the tickets! So thanks for that :) I can't wait to see you too!!!!!
    Claudia-you are so sweet and you crack me up. Stan was wimpy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you guys made that trip happen! What beautiful photos. I'm still chuckling about Claudia's assessment of Stan. ( and your naming him for that matter). Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! Yeah, I'm kinda funny :) And I'm glad we made it happen too!!!

    ReplyDelete