6.16.2010

APE CAVES!!!

Andy picked me up from work on Monday and we headed up to the Ape Caves! He packed us a yummy dinner, which we ate down by the water somewhere on the way to the caves :)

It was gorgeous, but very cold!!!

We found a precious little chipmunk in the parking lot! I named him Harold and fed him chips.

Doesn't he look so cute when he eats? :)

First picture in the cave...I was a lil freaked out at first but we ended up having a blast!

The fearless explorer. At one point while we were climbing over the rocks, there wasn't a lot of room and Andy bonked his head really hard on a rock from the top of the cave as he was pulling himself up. Poor guy! It was a lil bloody and is still healing, but he toughed it out. Such a trooper!

Lava Falls. That was fun to climb up/get pulled up :)

We made it to the end! Hooray

I was in awe of how amazing the fresh air felt and how beautiful the green trees looked when we got out of the darkness. Andy and I both had a great time :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks way fun. Harold seems like a really nice guy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys! Love the chipmunk bonding moment. We're going APE over all of your photos. Tee Hee

    ReplyDelete