12.05.2010

Craftiness :)

So first of all, my dad made us the most beautiful table for our Christmas present this year. I love it! I don't have any pictures of it yet, but when I do I'll make sure to post them :) While we were at my family's we got crafty. They gave us this coat rack Daddy made that was painted red...we revamped it with this awesome orange color :)

We also painted some doors he didn't need. We did the light blue color...

And then antiqued them. (I learned how to do that from my Dad and it was fun to teach Andy). What you do is: paint, clear coat of laquer, sand them down especially on the corners and edges, apply some stain and then wipe the stain off. It looks really cool! Oh, and you should do a clear coat after you're all done so it stays looking nice.  

We had this decorative stick on tree Andy had bought me for my birthday. So we cut that right down the middle...


TA-DA! I really like how it turned out. I love making stuff to put around the house, because then it feels more like it's mine and when I look at it I remember how much fun it was to make :) I'll be posting our Christmas creations soon!


4 comments:

  1. The tree project turned out so cool! Nice job guys! Also, Love your little head peeking out over the orange shelf, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so crafty!!! i love those doors! you could start your own new antique shop!

    ReplyDelete