4.02.2011

Life is Interesting...

...I got that line from my grandma. After finishing up this last quarter at college, I have started working full time. I enjoy working all day, but they decided to put me in my own class now. So I have been attempting to teach 10 crazy, out of control, ill-behaved 3-4 year olds and I hate it. You would think being put in a classroom would entitle me to get a raise...nope. I asked and got denied. So I told my manager I don't want to have my own classroom if I am only making less than $9/hour. It's way too much work (and stress) for the pay! I liked my job a lot more when I was able to go around to all the classrooms and help out with all the age groups. So after they hire more people I am out of that crazy room and back to being support staff! I am also doing a child development program online for free through my job that is 12 college credits, so even though I'm working full time, I'm still getting some school done with!

Last weekend we headed down to California for Andy's grandpa's funeral. The whole weekend had a very peaceful feel to it. It was really nice to be able to get to know Andy's family a little better and fun to see the ones I know well. All three of the baby nephews and niece were there which was awesome. I'm glad I married into such a wonderful family! Here's a few baby pictures...

Andy with Courtney's baby, Lucas (7 months old)

Me with Kate's baby, Oliver (9 months old)

Andy's cousin Ashley with Amber's baby, Emree (5 months old)

I love the babies! And the rest of the family too :)

So two weeks before our trip to Cali, my dad and brothers stayed with us. Ben had just gotten back from visiting our sister in Hawaii! Lucky kid. He is so grown up now...at least 4 inches taller than me and he'll be 15 this year. So weird. I didn't take a lot of pictures that weekend, because they only stayed with us one night and Ben's flight got in at midnight. Even though it was a short visit, it's always good to see family!

The weekend before that my Mom and brothers came to stay with us. (Ben only stayed one night, then was headed to Hawaii the next day) Mom and I went to IKEA after dropping Ben off at the airport. She had never been, so it was really fun to look around together. I'm a big fan of that store because it gives you so many ideas of how to decorate.
For a fun activity for Jared (and the rest of us) we headed East over to Bonneville Dam in Oregon. I have been there many times, but it was a first for everyone else.
Conversation that happened before this picture was taken:
Me: "Jared, look at the camera and smile!"
Jared: "Um, I want it to look like I didn't know"
Haha if you zoom in you can totally see a little smirk on his face. Such a funny kid!



Herman the sturgeon was huge!


Jared, Andy and even Mom touched the slimy gross salmon. Although I attempted to...I could not bring myself to do it. Bleh. We did all feed them though; they have salmon food you can buy to feed to them. Jared liked it a lot.

I enjoy my husband's weirdness quite a lot.


I love my little brother...even though I think he's pretending to get ready to hit me in this picture haha

Cute :)

Mom and me in front of the "rock". Haha she accidentally called this mountain a rock...it's funny what a lack of sleep can do to a person :)



We also had an early birthday party for Jared while he and Mom were in town. He turned 9 March 18...he's growing up way too fast.


He was totally trying not to smile in this picture :)

Mom and Jare...love them!

Sorry for the picture overload. I need to get more consistent with my blogging but it can be difficult when working all the time and having company almost every week. Hope everyone else is having fun and getting ready for nicer weather hopefully soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! I love our family and I love your family! It's so great that goofy Andy brought us all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great! I'm getting super excited for TOFW :) It's coming up fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times! Thanks for Blogging Holl. It's so fun for me to check it. Gonna check out Vintage Ginger Peaches too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it, Mom! It's a fun way to keep everyone updated even if I don't do it very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome to see you are doing so well. I can't believe your brothers are so grown up. It makes me feel old! haha Glad you stood up for yourself with your job, thats a very important quality to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kelsey! Yeah, Ben and Jared are so big...it's seriously insane!

    ReplyDelete