6.06.2012

We have the cutest baby on the planet :)

So I know it's been awhile...we had a really fun trip planned to go to Idaho and see my grandparents and best friend that I haven't seen in two years and her new baby. I was so excited. It was all set for my birthday weekend and we had the ultrasound scheduled for the day before we left. Exciting, right? Right? WRONG! At the ultrasound appointment we found out I was only 17 weeks along instead of 19 like I had thought. And the baby's legs were turned so there was no way of telling what the little tike is. So, driving home I was looking at the adorable pictures we had of our precious little bean and I decided I was okay with not knowing what it was for another month. Seconds after I became okay with that, the car made a weird clicking noise and broke down :( We ended up getting towed to an auto shop that was already closed (in the pouring rain, I might add) and then got a ride home from a friend. The next day we found out the car would be super expensive to fix and we figured that it wasn't worth it. My birthday was kind of a depressing day, because I wanted so badly to be in Idaho on the trip we had planned. Andy did his best to make me happy and we figured out what to do with the car.
So this long sob story does have a happy ending, I promise! My dad was heading up to Portland for an appointment anyways last weekend and so he was sweet enough to bring his truck and tow us up to Port Orchard, where Andy, his dad and my dad worked on putting a newER engine in the car. It was quite a process for the guys, but they are such hard workers and we were able to drive home Monday night! And even though the boys didn't have a super fun weekend, us girls did! I made an adorable skirt (with the help of Mallory and Claudia) and we had lots of fun visiting and relaxing. It's such a blessing to have family members who care so much about us. We are very fortunate.
 Speaking of blessings, check out this little angel...

Thumb sucker...go figure :)

Precious little arm and hand, awwww

That's right...we've already taught our baby the life lesson of peace.

Here I am at 19 weeks FOR REALS. I really enjoy being pregnant. I've already been feeling movement and it was so amazing to see the baby move around when we had the ultrasound done. I love it already :) Also, I'm already starting to bend over differently. I noticed the other day when I bent over to grab something really fast and totally hurt my tummy. Can't wait to find out what we're having in just a couple short weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A car that runs and an adorable baby bump. What more could a girl want? Tell Andy we love to see his hiking photos. So cool!

    ReplyDelete