10.06.2012

The New Place

For those of you anxiously awaiting pictures of our new place (Grandma)....today is your lucky day! I finally took a few pictures of our condo and the baby's room is coming along quite nicely, even though it's not completely finished yet. Here goes!

Entry way with all my crafting supplies :)

Living room. Sadie is liking the new place a lot. We always have that blanket folded up on the couch and she LOVES to perch up there and nap pretty much all day. It's adorable. 

Close up on the decore in the living room

Dining area with the kitchen off to the left...there's a loop that goes around the place through the dining room, living room and entry way

The last tenants were Mormon, so the apartment came with a quote by Pres. Harold B Lee...in case you can't read it it says: "The most important work we will ever do is within the walls of our home". LOVE IT!

Our bedroom. I LOVE having the desk in there...it's nice to have somewhere quiet and away from our kitty cat to work on projects. I love that desk...my daddy made it for us :)

BABY GIRL'S ROOM!!!! Half of it is done/decorated and organized. I love how it's all coming together. The poof balls were from my Baby Shower in Vancouver and I adore them. We painted the changing table and I found the grey tubs at Joann's. The hoops above the changing table have fabrics from the quilt Andy's mommy made for us, which I get to pick up this weekend! I can't wait to see it. 

I wanted to show a close up of the things I made that I'm proud of...I found this button letter idea on Pinterest and fell in love with it. It turned out super cute I think. 

I made the crib skirt all by myself too! I only did panels for the front and sides because who will ever see the back? Honestly. And I just did ties to attach it to the crib so as we move the mattress lower, the skirt won't have to bunch up along the floor. Not sure if that makes sense, but I like it! I ordered yellow crib sheets online this week so hopefully they get here soon! My sis-in-law Kate said yellow is a great color to disguise the messes babies make :) haha glad it worked with my colors! And under the crib is about 15 packs of diapers I got at my baby shower here in Lynden, which was a ton of fun :) So nice to be stocked up on diapers! One less thing to worry about haha

Baby girl's closet :) Eventually I want to get storage tubs to store the older sized clothing in instead of just the boxes. But I decided I can wait a little longer for that...we had other more necessary expenses to take care of. I love seeing all her tiny little clothes hung up and neatly organized! I cannot wait to meet her :)

36 ish weeks

A few days short of 37 weeks...I will be 37 weeks on Tuesday, which is full term! She could come any day now and be perfectly healthy and functioning. I noticed the beginnings of stretch marks last night and started crying. Andy just held me til I calmed down. I just have to remind myself it is normal and that I am growing a tiny little miracle. Well. she doesn't seem so tiny anymore haha. Also new this week...I felt a few contractions! Obviously Braxton Hicks but my body is preparing for what is to come. It's actually kind of a cool feeling :) I felt the first one last night and have felt a couple today as well. I'm so excited to be able to snuggle this little girl soon and see my wonderful hubby as a daddy :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your little condo! Baby Girl's room is adorable and I love the hoops and letter! Good idea to use the fabric from her quilt :) I love you guys!! Good luck coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joce! I cannot believe how soon she will be here lol. Miss you lots!

      Delete
  2. OHHHHHHHH! Everything looks great, including you! I love her room so much! Nice work on the crib skirt. Jared wants to know if the R stands for restricted. I like your use of the desk and chrome kitchen rack. You've got all your ducks in a row cutie. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Mommy! I can't wait to see you :) and tell Jared of course that's what it stands for haha....silly kid!

      Delete