4.25.2013

Fun Little Adventure!

Sometimes I get caught up in day-to-day life and forget to have fun...especially when all my brain can focus on is how many naps Ramsey has had and trying to get her to sleep through the night and when she needs to eat next. I was very frustrated and exhausted last week because it had been almost 2 weeks of Ramsey waking up every hour for the first half of the night and then every 2 hours after that. Andy gave me the best advice ever...he said to relax and not stress about it because Rams could probably sense when I was stressed and it stressed her out. So I stopped stressing and voila! She now sleeps from 8 or 9pm til 5 or 6am and then eats and falls back asleep until 8 or 8:30am. (I also let her cry it out sometimes for about 10 minutes which I definitely think helped) Okay, now I can finally stop being obsessed over her sleeping patterns! I was driving myself insane with it.
So onto our little adventure...I was feeling like we are boring people now and wanting to do something different. Initially I thought the Tulip Festival would be fun...but the more we thought about the crowds of people and traffic the less we wanted to go. I'm sure it's amazing and someday we will go; just not this year. So Andy planned a little hike for us last Saturday but wouldn't tell me where we were going. We were just driving along and then he pulled onto a ferry and I was like "What the?!". Haha we went over to Lummi Island and did a little 3 mile hike. At the top you could see the San Juan Islands and it was sunny and beautiful for us. It was a nice change of pace and I was happy Andy made the effort to surprise me with something new and exciting. Onto the pictures!
Ramsey's first ferry ride! Which she slept through

Cutest little hiking baby ever
Love the squishy cheek!

I got WAY TOO HOT carrying her in her Ergo carrier...so I held her for a bit instead
Then Andy took her for me because I thought I was going to die of heat! Haha she's a toasty lil lady

So pretty
Happy Ramsey!

Gotta get a family shot

I love her smiles...she is a super smiley/giggly baby
And she's completely obsessed with her hands

I love my little girl

Andy started taking pictures of bugs and flowers because...

I had to feed Ramsey (in the background of this picture haha) and he was bored :)

I love lilies

On the ferry ride home...she was awake that time! It was a fun little trip for my little family :)

4 comments:

  1. Holly! Great job with your blog! You will be so happy to have these info and pictuers later. :) Glad you are enjoying life so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel you on naps... and baby sleeping in general. Ramsey in so cute! I can't wait for K and her to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful hike! Rams is so smiley now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll have to try that sometime! It's the one place we've never been around here!

    ReplyDelete