12.10.2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like CHRISTMAS!

It's so weird that Christmas is in TWO WEEKS. Seriously...I don't love having Thanksgiving so late in November...it makes me feel rushed and unprepared. I have almost all of my Christmas shopping done though but Andy hasn't done any yet...aside from the gifts we picked out together for our familes :) I really do love the holidays. It seems like everyone is nicer around Christmastime and I really enjoy picking out presents for people :) I honestly like giving presents more than getting presents, although that makes me happy too. But I can NEVER sleep in on Christmas morning because I am just too excited to see people open their presents from me :) So here's a little of what we've doing to prepare for Christmas...
I saw this idea on Pinterest of course and whipped it out in about a half hour!
Cute little felt Christmas tree that Ramsey can decorate with the felt ornaments I made...
Only problem is that she like to take off all the ornaments and then rip the tree off the wall. Oh well, she likes it!
We went to get our tree on Saturday and it was SO WINDY AND COLD. Ramsey immediately started gasping and crying when I got her out of the car :(
Even though we were all frozen and a little miserable (even if it was only for a few minutes) it is still totally worth it to me to have a real Christmas tree! I have nothing against other people having fake trees...they just aren't for us. Maybe someday I'll get a small fake one to put special ornaments on but we will still always get a real tree :)
Ramsey and I cuddled in the car with the heat on while Daddy sawed the tree down.
Watching her Dad :)
It was a very pretty sunny day! But literally 20 degrees...brr.
Such a cutie.
Best man ever!
When we got home and put Rams down for a nap I whipped up some delicious double chocolate peppermint cookies. Andy is in love.
They did turn out really yummy, I was quite satisfied with myself!
Andy put the tree in it's stand and trimmed it up a bit so it didn't take up so much space in the apartment. Funny story about space...Andy was asking what I want/need for Christmas and really the only thing I feel like I'm lacking is space. I feel so blessed to be able to say that. Hopefully we will be able to buy a home next year...we're working toward that!
All decorated!
Andy did not want me to take a picture of him...what's new? :)
Ignore my weird face but she was giving me really good smooches and then turning away smiling...it's hard to catch the kisses on camera but she does give them to me now. She won't so much for Andy...I think it's because his scratchy beard.
Oh Andrew...
Nativity set up :)
I LOVE my new glitter reindeer I bought this year! And the star is another nativity that I adore.
Ramsey likes the tree and she tries to be soft with it. It currently has no ornaments on the bottom third of it because she took them all off and I am way too lazy to put them on multiple times a day! The joys of Christmas with a toddler :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the felt tree idea for the babes and I adore that little girl!!! So stinkin' cute! Also I'm kinda in love with your glitter reindeer :)

    ReplyDelete