Time has seriously FLOWN by since our sweet little Adelaide was born! I feel like some hours or days drag on (if we're having a rough time, which isn't very often cuz our girls are the best) but when I think about it and realize that Addie is almost 6 weeks old I can hardly believe it. It has seriously gone by so fast...it makes me sad! I want my babies to stay babies forever! So since I haven't blogged in awhile I have a million pictures to post. We've also been having lots of fun summer adventures which I love! But for now, I'll just post an update on the girls and some pictures of our day to day life :)
RAMSEY: she is now 20 MONTHS OLD. When the heck did that happen? She has grown up so much lately and is a hilarious little kid. She is very sweet and snuggly with Addie...she asks to hold her and kisses her and cuddles her and gives her her binky and shushes her when she cries :) Rams is an amazing big sister. Her vocabulary has really expanded lately too! She tries to have conversations with us now and can explain what she is thinking very well. She loves playing outside, whether it's at the park, with a ball, at the beach or just going for walks. She is super independent but will still cuddle with us :) Her all time favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and she asks for it all the time. We have 3 DVD's that have a couple episodes on each one so that we can just put it on whenever...spoiled girl :) Haha she does this adorable thing now where she tries to convince us to do things by saying "Mickey...show....kay?" or "Play...slide...kay?" in a sweet precious little voice. I love it! She weighs about 23 pounds and seems like she's getting tall. Her hair is so long...it looks like a little bob and makes her look like such a big kid. I've been having fun discovering different ways to do her hair :) Ramsey's favorite foods are any type of fresh fruit (except melons...just like me), french fries, hot dogs, fruit snacks, cauliflower and chocolate when we let her have it :) Not the healthiest list, but we make sure she eats a well balanced diet...even when she doesn't really want to. Haha
ADELAIDE: she is now almost 6 weeks old and is such a sweetheart. Her first real smile was directed at Andy when she was about 3 weeks old...he was looking at her and smiling and talking and she smiled back...then when he started moving away she kept eye contact and kept smiling! Since then she has done lots of happy smiles and occasional coo's. Addie is a very content little baby...except for the couple hours right before bedtime when we try to keep her awake so she'll sleep better at night. She is actually doing great sleeping for the most part! The biggest stretch she's gone at night was she nursed/went to sleep at 10:00pm and slept until 4:45am! It was so amazing and much needed for all of us :) Of course then she was awake from 5am-7am but I just enjoyed my happy smiley baby during that time. Most of the time she'll wake up once or twice between 10pm and 8am...not too shabby :) Addie's hair is darker than Ramsey's was and I really feel like her eyes are turning brown. I love it! I always sing "Brown-Eyed Girl" to her :)
All in all, we are healthy and happy and loving being a family of four! Onto the pictures...I know it's the main reason you all look at my blog :) Oh and some of these in the beginning were taken a couple weeks ago...it's crazy how fast newborns change! Addie is already looking so different :)
 |
| Cuddles! |
 |
| I don't know how that's comfortable |
 |
| She has a good grip! She's pinched the back of my arm pretty hard a few times haha |
 |
| Cute little hair :) |
 |
| Her cousin Bella pulling her in the wagon...too cute. |
 |
| Relaxing? |
 |
| Tawni is such a good helper and a fun cousin for Rams |
 |
| To calm Addie down when she's fussy, Andy will hold her like this and move her up and down while shushing her...it works 75% of the time! |
 |
| Sydney's epic photo bomb! Fun park day with the cousins when Grandma Horch was in town :) |
 |
| I LOVE these little nightgowns so much! |
 |
| Rams randomly got obsessed with looking at all the DVD's a couple weeks ago for a few days...she used to love it but was over it for awhile. She's a funny girl |
 |
| Bath time! Thanks to Grammy, we now lay down to wash our hair...so much easier than pouring a cup of water over her head. I don't know why I didn't try it earlier :) Thanks Mommy! |
 |
| She was not too into this activity |
 |
| Family outing :) Went to the park and had lunch |
 |
| Sweet baby :) |
 |
| Ramsey does NOT like spray parks...she might warm up to them someday |
 |
| Morning story time |
 |
| I love my big girl! |
 |
| Cute shorts from Grammy :) |
 |
| This girl LOVES tummy time! She has fallen asleep during tummy time probably at least 5 times already in her life :) Don't worry...I keep her in my sight when she's snoozing like that |
 |
| Making her animals kiss :) |
 |
| Cute little outfit a lady in our Branch made for her :) Another friend made the headband...I love knowing talented people! |
 |
| CHEESE! |
 |
| Look at those LIPPERS! |
 |
| Tie Dye from Grandpa Bowers! |
 |
| Ramsey LOVES her little camping chair...she likes to put all of her "friends" in it and sit there with them. |
 |
| "Helping" make quesadillas... |
 |
| which translates to shoving as much cheese in her mouth as possible! |
 |
| I let her try all by herself to eat oranges...she got the peel in a few bites but didn't seem to mind at all and ate it :) |
I have lots of other pictures to post too...we've been busy! I have cute pictures of the girls from Independence Day, last weekend we went down to Port Orchard to visit Andy's family, on Wednesday we went for a short family hike, and today we met up with Mal, Aaron & Oakley and Brian & Claudia for a fun boating day! So more pictures to come...hopefully soon :)
They are both so beautiful and changing so quickly! I love the helping in the kitchen one, and I'm glad Rams is going with new the shampooing technique :) The one with Addie asleep with her cheek in her palm is PRICELESS!
ReplyDeleteThose girls are so adorable! Ramsey is looking so much older and a lot like you! Addie is so precious, I just want to hold her and snuggle them both!
ReplyDelete