4.29.2014

Quiet Book and some other stuff

I FINALLY FINISHED MAKING THE QUIET BOOK!!! Well, I finished a couple weeks ago actually. It was the longest project of my life. I think I bought most of the supplies for it back in January and then cut out the muslin for the pages a couple weeks after that...then I didn't really start anything. I wrote down all my ideas and narrowed it down to 15 pages I wanted to do. It ended up being only 10 pages once I got started and realized how time consuming it is! Haha we've taken it to church the past two weeks and Rams has played with it both times. Not for very long, but a lot of the stuff is hard for a kid her age to do. But I wanted it to last for awhile, not just for the stage she's at now. Haha. I had cut out some of the felt pieces and things mid March, but after the wedding I really got down to business with it! I think the hardest thing about it is all the small decisions and figuring out how it's all going to work and everything. It was not my favorite project, but I'm still glad I did it so my kids can have a fun little book that's special for church :)

My table looked like this (and worse at times) for about 2 weeks straight...maybe longer.

It was craziness

Cover

This shoe actually came out of the quiet book my Grandma Bowers made for us when we were kids. I wanted to take pieces from that book for sentimental value. Plus it made my job a lot easier, so thanks Grandma! Haha and I added the cute little buttons just because. Ramsey really likes buttons right now :)
The flower pages. The flowers are just made of felt and button onto the buttons...I made 9 flowers total so they are interchangeable and the extras are just stored in the little pocket.
Weaving page on the left. Super easy to make, not so simple to weave haha. And on the right is our hiker guy page, specially designed by Andy :) The army guy is attached to a string thing (inside the tent) that you can pull out and make him go hiking on the hills. It's super cute.
Mr./Mrs. Potato Head pages
Mr. Potato Head
...with a baseball cap
and Mrs. Potato Head :)
Fishy page! I love the way this one turned out. The boat is from the quiet book my Grandma made and I just love it. I made it so the waves are open at the top so you can stick the fish in "pockets" and they all fit in the boat that zips shut.
Lock and key/ buckle page. This one was inspired by Ramsey's obsession with checking the mail and attempting to put my car key in the mailbox keyhole haha. She also loves trying to do buckles, like on swings or in her stroller and they keep her entertained for a long time. She really likes this page and it was very easy to do! So that's the quiet book, TADA!
Andy and I celebrated our FIVE YEAR anniversary on April 11th!!! So insane. I am so blessed to be married to such a patient, kind, gentle-hearted, handsome and hilarious man. We've started building a wonderful life together and I am so happy I get to be his forever! Our anniversary was on a Friday and since he works late, I just whipped up a cake real quick after Rams and I had dinner and before he got home. It was just a basic chocolate cake and I used whipped cream frosting that we already had on hand and we topped it with berries. So yummy! Saturday morning we dropped Ramsey off at Courtney's house and we headed up to Vancouver, BC to go to the Temple :) I loved celebrating our anniversary that way and since this baby girl is arriving soon we both really wanted to go to the Temple now while we can together :) Doesn't work out with a nursing baby haha. Afterwards, we grabbed lunch and then picked Rams up and headed out to a park to let her play. It was a wonderful day.
This was taken last week so I was 33 weeks along. I am now 34 1/2 weeks along. Baby girl has been moving around like crazy lately! She's gonna be spunky like her big sister I think :) Everything is going great with the pregnancy...I've just gotten to the point of wanting to be done being pregnant, especially with the weather getting warmer! I was not made for hot weather haha. I also get very indecisive toward the end of my pregnancies and I just don't want to make decisions about anything...whether it's what to cook or what to wear or what to do...it annoys me but I hate deciding things! Haha I think it annoys Andy a little bit too but he's a trooper :) We are both very anxious to welcome a new baby into our life and we're hoping Ramsey does okay with it. She's been a little spit fire lately...getting into everything and randomly screaming for fun and being a little more sassy than usual. I think she can sense a big change is coming soon. I think she also misses being able to cuddle me close...I miss it too. Oh well, soon I will have two sweet girls to cuddle! Rams will seem like a GIANT. Haha

3 comments:

  1. Awesome quiet book! Good job Mama! Happy Late Anniversary and you are so ADORABLE!!!! You look so good for 34 1/2 weeks pregnant :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book turned out SO GOOD! Wow! I'm super impressed. Very smart to connect the hiker with a string and include a lock and buckle page. The fishy pages are gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing about it and your anniversary and pregnancy too. Love you guys and can't wait to meet Baby girl and play with Rams. Oh and see you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out SO cute! I love how you incorporated your grandma's book. Very sentimental and fun!

    ReplyDelete